Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Progress

Since my last post, our rides have felt much better. I sent in my entry for the schooling show in a couple of weeks. At first I thought doing Second Test 1 was crazy... but after reading it over and having some great rides, it feels right.

Jay has been so ON lately. It's like I blinked and he's fit again! Sure need to catch myself up with him. He has such a personality and seems happy in his work. We haven't had a lesson in a couple of weeks due to car trouble and then C was out of town, but our rides have been great.

He's also learned that our new routine at this barn means he gets cookies as I'm on my way out if he's in his stall. If I take too long gathering my stuff up after I've put him away he is VERTY vocal about needing his cookies and peppermints NOW!

I'm going to try to be better about keeping track of our rides on here. Easier said than done, but I think I can steal some time away during lunch at work to write about the night before's ride.

We the outskirts of Lee come through last night so I'm hoping the barn has power so I can get a ride in tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment